SHARED CARE AGREEMENTS
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde have agreed processes for the standardisation of layout and approval of shared care agreements (SCAs). This page includes any approved SCAs and also includes the standard template and submission documentation.
NHS GGC clinical staff can email any enquiries relating to shared care agreements to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that after discussion with the Local Medical Committee, a new term will be used to describe the documents which set out shared care arrangements. These will now be called Shared Care Agreements (SCAs). These documents have previously been known in NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde as Shared Care Protocols (SCPs) and the terminology will be updated as each existing SCP reaches its review date. However, to preserve existing links within the GGC Formulary, the page web address remains as it has always been, though the titles have been updated.
Approved Shared Care Agreements in NHSGGC:
|Medicine||Indication/comments||Date Approved||Review Date|
|ADEFOVIR||HEPATITIS B IN ADULTS||SEPT 2022||SEPT 2025|
|DENOSUMAB||OSTEOPOROSIS (patient info sheet)||SEPT 2020||SEPT 2023|
|ENTECAVIR||HEPATITIS B IN ADULTS||JUNE 2023||JUNE 2026|
|GROWTH HORMONE||GROWTH DISTURBANCE IN CHILDREN (letter template)||FEB 2020||FEB 2023|
|LAMIVUDINE||HEPATITIS B IN ADULTS||SEPT 2022||SEPT 2025|
|MELATONIN||SLEEP DISTURBANCE IN CHILDREN||MARCH 2021||MARCH 2024|
PDF not opening properly but can be downloaded and read.
|SLEEP DISTURBANCE IN ADULTS||DEC 2020||DEC 2023|
|METHOTREXATE||DERMATOLOGY: SUB-CUT INJ (letter template)||DEC 2021||DEC 2024|
|METHOTREXATE||RHEUMATOLOGY: SUB-CUT INJ (letter template)||DEC 2020||DEC 2023|
|TENOFOVIR||HEPATITIS B IN ADULTS||JUNE 2023||JUNE 2026|
Shared Care Agreement Development Documentation:
The Prescribing Interface Subcommittee meet four times a year (March, June, September and December). Any SCA for review or consideration should be submitted via email to email@example.com at least four weeks prior to the scheduled meeting.
Planned forthcoming meetings:
- Meeting dates for 2024 to be finalised.
Questions to think about before creating a Shared Care Agreement?
- First, does a SCA already exist for the medicine? Approved SCAs will be available on this page. If one already exists, then it may be worth discussing with the agreement authors to extend it for your service etc.
- Does the medicine meet the criteria for a SCA (see SCA Submission document above).
- Involve the relevant people in developing your SCA from both the acute/tertiary setting and primary care. Since most agreements will involve GPs being asked to prescribe specific medicines, then it is sensible to ensure they are involved in the development of the document
- Develop the agreement using the standard SCA template (see above)
- Complete the SCA submission document (see above)
- Send both to firstname.lastname@example.org who will then advise on next steps