Therapeutics Handbook Update October 2019
The Adult Therapeutics Handbook content has now been updated.
This update includes the publication of guidance on the prevention and treatment of vitamin D deficiency. Key advice includes when to test vitamin D levels and how to treat insufficiency or deficiency. Guidance can be accessed within the Endocrine chapter. It is based on a full guideline on NHSGGC StaffNet, Clinical Guidelines Directory called ‘Vitamin D Prevention and Treatment of Deficiency in Adults’.
Several other sections have had minor content updates:
- Assessing Medicines on Admission in Acute Patients
- Management of Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Management of Suspected Variceal Bleeding
- Management of Diabetes for People Receiving Enteral Feeding in Hospital
- Management of Hypocalcaemia
- Appendix 5 – Normal Immunoglobulins
Please familiarise yourself with the above guidelines as appropriate and if you have not already done so update your App on receipt of the notification. If you are not able to update your app then please refer to the GGCMedicines desktop site as the website content is always live with the most up to date information.
For more information or assistance with any aspect of the GGC Medicines app or Therapeutics handbook please contact email@example.com.