Therapeutics Handbook Update November 2020
The Adult Therapeutics Handbook content has now been updated.
This update includes updates to the following guidelines:
- Good prescribing practice – general advice – includes brief guidance on compliance aids.
- Management of upper gastrointestinal haemorrhage - the guideline has been updated and includes reference to the national care bundle, as well as providing some guidance on patients on antiplatelets / anticoagulants.
- Iron deficiency anaemia in acute care – this is an abbreviated version of the GGC guideline on StaffNet.
- Mental health guidance and toolkits – this directs to the NHSGGC MyPsych App and replaces the management of depression guideline.
- Appendix 4 – mental health legislation relating to emergency sedation - includes reference the Adult Mental Health Liaison service.
Other guidelines and pages have had minor content updates including:
- Management of dyspepsia
- Management of stridor
- Initial management of superior vena cava obstruction
- Vitamin prophylaxis for alcohol
- Management of post-operative nausea and vomiting
- Raised intracranial pressure in cancer
- Malignant-related ascites
Please familiarise yourself with the above guidelines as appropriate and if you have not already done so, update your App on receipt of the notification. If you are not able to update your App then please refer to the GGC Medicines desktop site here as the website content is always live with the most up to date information. For more information or assistance with any aspect of the GGC Medicines App or Therapeutics Handbook please contact email@example.com.
Published 02/12/2020. Medicines Update blogs are correct at the time of publication.